Feb 12, 2011

Jude-KiKi


Just stumbled upon this awesome song from Asai Kenichi's band Jude. That piano bit from Qumico Fucci at the opening is just killer man! There are reasons why she is Asai's main keyboardist for so many songs, her creativity with melody is borderline genius.

At first I felt weird for not recognizing this song, because I had in my possession all Jude's albums. Then I remember one of Asai's trick-he likes to hide a few of his gems in small singles. For example; let see.. in BJC we got the Pepin single which include-Pepin, I love Tokyo and Cosmos. This 3 songs, powerful enough to be  chart-toppers, stay hidden without any album treatment save Pepin with its PV.



But if we think the other way  maybe he got so many song in his head he wont bother to release a song twice like many other artist-you know, the "single" version and the "album" version. A shame though, for casual listener wont hunt for the singles as the die hard fans would. So in a word, these hidden gems is probably Asai's secret gifts for his hardcore fans/collectors. 


Jude-Silvester & Johnny K single


So now I'm off to hunt all his singles, but if you want to watch any of Asai Kenichi's video I would suggest this youtube channel. This guy obviously obsessive abaout Asai Kenichi..maybe more than I do. Even the channel name is a reference to him!

No38special2

No comments: