Aug 10, 2011

Dexter Romweber, post Flat Duo Jets(1998-20XX)


 "We only live twice
or so it seems..
One life for yourself..
and one for your dream"

-Flat Duo Jets, 'You only live twice'-

  I got the shivers man, the first time I heard that song. So yeah, its official. Dexter Romweber is one of my musical god now. So I guess I owe you another one eh, Jack?



Last Kind Word Blues(Geeshie Wiley cover)

(lyrics below not complete or fully correct)

The last kind word I heard my daddy say
Lord the last kind word I heard my daddy say

If I die, if I die in the German War
I want you to send my body, send it to my mother-in-law

If I get killed, if I get killed, please don't bury my soul
I (p'fer) just leave me out, let the buzzards eat me whole

When you see me comin', look 'cross the rich man's field
If I don't bring you flour, I'll bring you bolted meal

I went to the depot, I looked up at the sign
Cry some train don't come, there'll be some walkin' done

My momma told me, just before she died
Lord, (since the dawn, I thought you'd be so wise?)
(Oh precious daughter, don't you be so wise)

The Mississippi River, you know it's deep and wide
I can stand right here, see my (babe?) (face?) from the other side

What you do to me baby, it never gets out of me
I mean I'll see you, after I cross the deep blue sea



 Jack White had invited Dexter and his sister Sara Romweber to record a 7' under his Third Man Records, resulting in a...kind of collaboration (albeit for just 2 songs) between Jack and his hero. In an interview, Sara recalled that after Jack finished the recording of the song, he had this big ass grin on his face and said "You dont know how long I fucking wait to hear that guitar tone in my studio.." or something like that.

Dex Romweber Trio?




No comments: